That Logic Blog

January 30, 2006

News

I realise that I have been a bit slack with posting recently. Apart from busily writing some papers and doing a little logic, I have been partaking in some holidaying. It's a hard life, I know.

I have also been organising the practicalities of my impending move to Sydney. From next week Monday, I shall be at The Centre of Australian Category Theory for a few months. Officially I am visiting Mike Johnson, but with the number of cool seminars within ambling distance, I will probably end up spreading myself around.

I would like to start up some NotYASS sessions in Sydney if there is sufficient interest. If you are in the area and are interested in having some drinks and partaking in a wilful disregard of academic subject boundaries, give me a holler.

Also for those in the Sydney area, I shall be participating in a weekly advanced modal logic reading group, with a bunch of people in Canberra. Naturally, I would like to have some people around to chat about this stuff in person, so if you are in the area, have some background in logic and would like to get together weekly to discuss some of the finer technical points of modal logic, let me know. We are most likely going to be using pieces of these three books, as well as selected research papers.

Some recent(ish) news from Canberra is that our logic group has continued to grow with Peter Baumgartner and Alwen Tiu both arriving over the last couple of months. Fellow student Rowan Martin-Hughes has also started up a blog, containing his musings on game theory, multi-agent systems and other such goodies. If you are interested in such things, then head on over Towards an Agent Society.

Anyway, regular posting will resume in a week or so, once I am settled in.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely interested in NotYASS!
-- Nick Smith

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home