That Logic Blog

September 06, 2005

Travel Time

I'm off to Sydney tomorrow to visit the Centre of Australian Category Theory. I'll be speaking in The Australian Category Seminar about categorical and algebraic logic as well as giving a department seminar. I'm looking forward to finding out a bit more about their research activities, since they have a very impressive number of experts!

After that, I'll be going to Melbourne for the weekend, home of logic blogger Greg Restall. I suspect that he may not be there. Over the weekend is a rather intense philosophical logic workshop, with very many interesting looking talks. My little talk will be on proof equivalence (what else?). While there, I'll also see a bit about dialetheism, relations between Kant's a priori and logical pluralism, relations between relevant and classical deduction and much much more. Should be fun.

Oh yes, thanks to Kenny for telling me about the Melbourne workshop and putting me in contact with Graham Priest.

I'm not sure if I'll have any internet access while I am away. I'll take lots of notes though and post details of the workshop when I get back.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the logic axis meeting -- I look forward to seeing the report of what I've missed! (Post your paper or slides or something, when you can, too.) 

Posted by Greg Restall

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know the details (time, place) of your AusCat seminar? It does not seem to be listed on the web page. 

Posted by Nick Smith

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg: The talk is mainly done on a board and such. I plan on writing up some of it later this month though.

Nick: Apparently it is at 2pm at Macquarie in building E7A (Mitchell Building). I'm not sure if that is when my talk is or if that is just when the day's talks start. 

Posted by Jon

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and the talk is tomorrow (Wednesday) 

Posted by Jon

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! Unfortunately I can't make the talk tomorrow but I'm looking forward to the Friday one. 

Posted by Nick Smith

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my former students (Craig Pastro) is there! What do you know... 

Posted by Richard Zach

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you had gotten in touch with Graham about that - good to hear you did! 

Posted by Kenny Easwaran

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes I am... and I met Jon (nice guy!). 

Posted by Craig Pastro

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home